Applications are accepted and reviewed for admission on a rolling basis, but are due no later than:
- Fall semester: August 1
- Spring semester: December 1
Application to the MPA program may be made for the fall or spring semester; the Executive MPA program admits students only once a year for the fall semester.
All applicants must hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university. To apply, please submit:
- Official transcripts showing all coursework and degrees from all undergraduate and graduate institutions.
- Official results of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), received directly from the Educational Testing Service. We accept law school (LSAT) or business school (GMAT) exam results in lieu of the GRE, however, all results must be submitted within three years of the test date. The graduate school test requirement may be waived for applicants holding a graduate degree, for B.A./M.P.A. applicants, and for applicants with three or more years of relevant professional experience.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- A statement regarding the applicant’s personal and professional goals and experience. (This statement should be prepared carefully since it weighs heavily in admissions considerations.)
- A current résumé.
- A completed online application. Included in the application must be the application form, the required application fee ($65.00), and all supplemental information requested on the application, as outlined above.
Applications must be submitted online at the Rutgers-Camden Admissions website: http://gradstudy.rutgers.edu.
Admission of Non-matriculated Status
The Department accepts a limited number of students on a non-matriculated basis. To apply for non-matriculated enrollment status, an applicant must hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university, and must submit:
- Official transcripts showing all coursework and degree(s) from all undergraduate and graduate institutions.
- A written statement listing personal and professional goals and why he or she is applying for nonmatriculated status.
- A current résumé.
- A completed online application for Non-matriculated (non-degree) Graduate Study, and a check for the required application fee.
In addition, applicants should indicate the courses in which they intend to enroll. (Note: Nonmatriculated students may not enroll in more than two courses per semester and in no more than a total of four 3-credit courses. It is the student’s responsibility to keep track of this requirement.)
A student who has been rejected for regular admission may apply to enroll in courses on a non-matriculated basis after one year from the date of rejection.
No student will be approved to take classes on a non-matriculated basis unless his or her application has been received by August 1 for the fall semester, or by December 1 for the spring semester.
Applicants who are accepted as non-matriculated students may only enroll in core courses and may take no more than 12 credits overall. Questions concerning admission should be directed to the MPA Graduate Director.